When most of us think of the term “coach,” we think of it in the context of team sports. Basketball teams, football teams, and baseball teams have coaches. They help team members cooperate and play well together as a singular unit. But, what we don’t often realize is that it isn’t just team sports that have coaches. Professional golfers have coaches, professional tennis players have coaches, and Olympic athletes of all kinds have coaches. We may be tempted to ask, ‘if these professional athletes are the best in the world at what they do, why do they need coaches?’
In the world of investing, we could ask a similar question. Are the only people who need financial coaches the ones who aren’t very good at investing? No, actually, the opposite is true. Just like in athletics, the best investors will be the ones who have the best coaches. Why? Because a great coach can make even the most skilled investor grow more than he could ever imagine. Here are a few things a great financial coach provides for investors…
- A financial coach provides motivation. Sometimes, you need someone to cheer you on. Investing can become discouraging and, if you don’t have someone encouraging you to keep going, you might just give up.
- A financial coach provides discipline. Just like any other activity, our success in investing can be diminished by good, old-fashioned laziness. Accomplishing your investing goals takes work, and a good financial coach can help you organize yourself in such a way that you are able to get that work done.
- A financial coach provides useful tools and techniques. Investing is a craft and, like any craft, the quality of what you create will depend largely on the tools you have to build with. No matter how great Michelangelo was, there would be no Sistine Chapel without paint brushes. A great financial coach shows you the best tools to create your masterpiece in the world of investing.
- A financial coach helps you understand your objectives. The first question you have to ask yourself in investing is, ‘what do I want to accomplish?‘ A financial coach can help you figure that out before you dive in without a purpose.
- A financial coach serves as a role model. A good financial coach will be someone who has lived it. They’ve been through what you’re going through, so they can show you the way.
- A financial coach helps you experience abundance. Life is full of opportunities, and there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be taking hold of them. A great financial coach can help you realize your dreams.
- A financial coach provides clarity. Investing can be complicated. A financial coach can help you clarify, cut through, and simplify so that you can easily understand what you’re doing and why you’re doing it.
- A financial coach encourages growth–financially and personally. In the end, it’s all about growth. It’s about growing financially, growing professionally, growing in your relationships with others, and becoming a better you. A great financial coach can help you develop a portfolio that leads you toward growth in every respect.
The best investors are the ones who have the best coaches. If you need any help understanding or employing the benefits of a great financial coach, please feel free to reach out to us for a free consultation. We want to help you grow into the great investor we know that you can be.